Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Practical or Playful


At my house we have been talking about and shopping for Christmas gifts. Yay! I love it because it feels almost like cheating on the "no Christmas before Thanksgiving" rule a little bit. My husband is the lead gift giver because he is really good at it and knows how to find things online. Sometimes I give him an idea and then he finds it for half the price I can find it and much faster too. Yes, I know he is amazing. :)
So, this whole shopping for gifts thing brings out the question of what to get all these people!? In thinking and brainstorming about a few people I realized a huge difference and Alex and my thinking on the matter. One of us tends to think of more practical gifts and the other thinks that the gifts should be fun or playful. Points if you know who is the practical and playful one. :) I really don't think there is a right or wrong answer on this one because I can see how they can both be good for different people or occasions. (Unless it's for a kid and then, in the words of my nephew... "Clothes are not Christmas gifts!")
What do you think? What kinds of gifts do you like to receive or give?

1 comment:

  1. I think it depends on the recipient. If my cousin has just moved out on their own and doesn't own a towel, I'm going to give something practical cause there's a genuine need there. Otherwise, I'm with you on the playful. A gift to me is something cute and fun to buy someone that they'd like, but not necessarily buy for themselves. :)

    ReplyDelete